CALL FOR ENTRIES
College Media Association’s Best of Collegiate Design, which showcases the best work produced by student media designers, is seeking entries for the 2012-13 edition. You can see past winners below.
The online entry form is here: http://bit.ly/CMABOCD21entries
A PDF version of Best of Collegiate Design 21 will be available online. Contest winners will be announced during this fall’s annual ACP/CMA National College Media Convention in New Orleans (Oct. 23-27, 2013).
See a list of the BOCD21 categories here.
Please read and follow the guidelines listed below for submitting student-produced designs. Entries not submitted according to the guidelines will be disqualified.
Entries must have been produced, published or printed from May 15, 2012, to May 31, 2013, in a student-run publication.
CONTEST ENTRY FEES
All publications pay a single fee for entries in all eligible categories. (Only one entry per publication per category allowed.)
• Any publication with an active member of College Media Association as an adviser: $10
• Any publication without an active member of College Media Association as an adviser: $60
This one fee allows entry into all categories on the form.
ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE BY MAY 31, 2013.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTERING
• Entrants may upload their contest entries by logging into the CMA site and following the directions on the home page or going here.
• Entries must be submitted in an electronic version as either JPEG or PDF files or links to online files.
• Entrants will certify that the content submitted digitally represents faithful representations of student work PRODUCED AND PUBLISHED during the contest period. This certification is in lieu of proofs of publication (tearsheets) that were required in the past.
• Each publication/medium may submit a maximum of one entry per category.
• A page for the purposes of this contest is defined as a single page and a spread is a double-page entry from a publication. Please submit either a page or spread as the category requires. In no case should more than two facing pages be submitted
• For web categories, please include the proper web address for your publication or medium (list URL in the title and include http://) or a digital image of the main page in a PDF or JPEG file.
HOW TO PREPARE ENTRIES
• File names should include several identifiers undefined including at least the category number and the publication’s name. (For example, 10_PubName_Entry2 would identify Category 10, Publication).
• There is a 5 MB limit on files that can be uploaded to the CMA server. In some cases, entrants might have to downsample their files to meet this file size limit.
If you have further questions after you’ve consulted the rules, contact CMA Associate Executive Director Lori Brooks (firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-693-4199).
Follow Best of Collegiate Design on Twitter. And join us on Facebook.
Previous Year's Winners
BEST OF COLLEGIATE DESIGN 20
Click here to download a PDF copy of the Best of Collegiate Design 20.
BEST OF COLLEGIATE DESIGN 19
Click here to download a PDF copy of the Best of Collegiate Design 19.
BEST OF COLLEGIATE DESIGN 18
Click here to download a PDF copy of the Best of Collegiate Design 18.
BEST OF COLLEGIATE DESIGN 17
Click here to download a PDF copy of the Best of Collegiate Design 17.
BEST OF COLLEGIATE DESIGN 16
Click here to download at PDF copy of the Best of Collegiate Design 16.