The CMA board of directors is accepting proposals for a management team and location to serve as the association’s administrative headquarters. Administrative duties to be provided include three broad categories:
- · Traditional executive director role, providing organizational leadership, support and member services.
- · Bookkeeping, management of accounts receivable/payable, maintenance of financial systems.
- · Technical support for organizational websites, email lists, upkeep/upgrades of institutional equipment (computers, projectors, etc.). CMA also requires adequate physical facilities to serve as the association’s headquarters office (receive calls, mail, etc.) and to store and maintain association files, publications inventory, equipment and other property.
The board welcomes innovative proposals that address the association’s needs in creative ways. Proposals must include a detailed explanation of how the management team would be integrated with its host institution or operate as a stand alone unit; a list of the positions to be utilized with the names and bios of the personnel to be employed; and a description of the facilities and/or other resources to be allocated to CMA use.
Proposals must also include a detailed budget that expresses the annual fixed cost for the headquarters and management team. The proposed budget must include an explanation of how personnel expenses (compensation, benefits, employment taxes, etc.) will be covered. The budget should reflect annual escalating increases, if any, for each year of the five-year term.
The term of CMA’s headquarters and management team agreement will be five years, beginning July 1, 2012. The agreement is subject to renewal by the CMA board of directors in the final year of each term.
• Extensive familiarity with CMA, its mission, its conferences and its history.
• Experience with management, legal and accounting practices of a nonprofit corporation.
• Experience with event-planning, large conventions, and working closely with a convention director.
• Experience with membership database management systems.
• Experience with Website management, listserv management and online event registration systems.
• Bookkeeping and accounting experience, including proficiency in QuickBooks software.
• Experience managing vendor/exhibitor sales and sponsorships.
• Experience in graphic design and prepress production.
Deadline for proposals:
May 18, 2012
Contact and submission information:
Questions and/or proposal submissions should be directed to CMA President David Swartzlander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-826-8269. All proposals should be submitted in electronic format by email.
College Media Association (formerly College Media Advisers) is an association of professional advisers, faculty, and other staff who work in support of student-produced media on college and university campuses. Created as a non-profit corporation in 1954, CMA offers national education-oriented workshops and conventions, contests, advocacy, research and other member services to approximately 800 members in the United States and Canada.